I did it!! I finished my first half-marathon. I never thought it could feel so thrilling and fulfilling to cross a finish line! I have run track before, but that definitely wasn't anything close to 13.1 miles:) It was an experience I will never forgot. Three months of training, and then it's over in less then 2 hours. I just find it so weird that it takes months to be able to run that far, and then it's done. It's over. Capeesh. There were moments that i felt like i wanted to just give up, but with people booking it past me there was no way I could stop. My lovely sister Jen ran with me for a while and I am so glad I had to her to keep me company and keep me pushing forward:) The last mile I was running with a few girls and we were all cheering each other on. It was really cool! Needless to say, I really had a blast running. You get such a high after running 5 miles that you can't stop. Running is my passion now. I haven't ran much lately because I still just feel so worn out, but now that i've started I could never stop running. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone runs a half marathon in their life. I never ran before January.. and i mean never. So trust me, it is possible!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
I made it across the finish line
I did it!! I finished my first half-marathon. I never thought it could feel so thrilling and fulfilling to cross a finish line! I have run track before, but that definitely wasn't anything close to 13.1 miles:) It was an experience I will never forgot. Three months of training, and then it's over in less then 2 hours. I just find it so weird that it takes months to be able to run that far, and then it's done. It's over. Capeesh. There were moments that i felt like i wanted to just give up, but with people booking it past me there was no way I could stop. My lovely sister Jen ran with me for a while and I am so glad I had to her to keep me company and keep me pushing forward:) The last mile I was running with a few girls and we were all cheering each other on. It was really cool! Needless to say, I really had a blast running. You get such a high after running 5 miles that you can't stop. Running is my passion now. I haven't ran much lately because I still just feel so worn out, but now that i've started I could never stop running. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone runs a half marathon in their life. I never ran before January.. and i mean never. So trust me, it is possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I still think I could never do it. But after this baby comes I'm going to have to start training so I can run one. I'm so so so proud of you Kaiti. That is so awesome. I love you
That's awesome girl! Where are the pics? lol
Pratty... I'm so proud of you for running that girl! I defs don't think I could do that, but I would love to train for that anyway. Just make sure that whatever you do you don't stop running. Keep it up or else you'll have to build up again for your next one, but if you keep working now then you should start training to run a full marathon. If we lived in the same city you KNOW I'd train with you and run one with you. It's just hard to find motivation on your own! :( But seriously... I'm SO proud of you!! Sure takes a lot of dedication!
Love you.
And I have added you!!! Yay for being blog friends!
Post a Comment