Thursday, October 21, 2010

Beginning of the PRSSA National Conference


Last night I returned from my trip to Washington DC for the PRSSA National Conference. And what an AWESOMEEE trip it was. From our school there were 15 of us that went from the PR program, and 2 of our amazing, and fun professors. Some of us knew each other pretty well from classes, and some of us knew each other outside of school but most of us didn't know each other that well. We all became SO close on the trip and are now such great friends. We have each other's backs, and I think we were all able to form a strong bond and trust. When we all begin to graduate and even while some of us are still in school, I know we will help each other get jobs in PR by networking and making connects. I'm really grateful for that and feel lucky for the friendships I have made through my program.

The conference was from the 15-19 but we didn't get there until the night of the 15th and got back on the 20th. It was at a REALLLLLYY nice hotel right in DC, which we also stayed at. Every day there were different Marriott sessions you could go to and learn about different fields and important things to know to enhance our PR skills.

Friday night was the opening social/dance and our group had a BLAST. The area that held the dance was really big and they had a ton of food and drinks:) The CW actually was the main sponsor of the conference this year so it was fun to see posters and such of some of my favorite shows all over the place. It was a really fun dance, and they threw into the crowd a ton of free things. Before attending the conference, school's were encouraged to bring souvenirs from their schools so people threw around different nik naks.

1 comment:

KandyJill said...

Dude - so cool. And how fun to have an opening social... was there an OTH poster? Also - DID YOU CATCH ANYTHING!?! Hahaha I can't wait to see more pics! :) LOVE YOU! And thanks for chatting with me today!