Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve.You only need a heart full of grace; a soul generated by love."






This semester one of my classes was Small Group Communication, and our last project was to come up with a service project that would really have an impact on another's lives. I lucked out and had a really great group and we came up with the idea to go knocking door to door, and contact different businesses in the area to try and collect enough food and monetary donations to provide a thanksgiving dinner for 4 families in the area. We went 3 nights knocking, and contacted a bunch of businesses and grocery stores and most places had reached their donation cap and could not help us. After knocking doors we were able to come up with about 100 cans of food, and 300 dollars in monetary donations, plus one lady from one of the neighbourhoods we visited came running out to us one night and handed us a turkey. It really blew my mind to see such generosity from the people. There really are some incredible, giving people still around. Serving is WONDERFUL!!!!!!








5 comments:

Nicole Breanne said...

Kaiti!

You are so wonderful and kind and giving. I love you so much. You make me want to be a better person.

Love you tons.

KandyJill said...

What a cool thing to be a part of! That's so cool! How did you pick the families to give to?

Sara said...

I cried a little.
how awesome. I love you kaiti. You seriously are one of the best things in my life.

Nikki said...

This looks so fun. You are so cute. I love you. I am so lucky to have such a beautiful, heart-loving, pure gal like you as my cousin!

Jenna Lee said...

Kaiti!
I'm glad we can creep eachother via blog...
but it looks like you need to do some updating... how am I suppose to know whats going on in your life otherwise? aha